Welcome to the Inuit Artist Database managed by the Inuit Art Foundation (the “Foundation”). The Foundation has created this web portal to enable artists and contributors to add/update/edit public biographical entries.
Other Agreements with Foundation
Personal Information Privacy
- When you request to create an account on the IAD, you grant the Foundation the right, in its sole discretion, to use the name that you submit in connection with such content.
- The IAD and its content may not be copied, reproduced, imitated, republished, translated, uploaded, posted, publicly displayed, communicated or made available to the public, transmitted, modified, indexed, catalogued, mirrored or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, for any purpose whatsoever, without the express prior written consent of the Foundation.
- If you do post content or submit material, and unless we indicate otherwise, you grant the Foundation a nonexclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, and fully sublicensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, and display such content throughout the world in any media.
- By requesting user access to contribute content, you represent and warrant that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content that you post; that the content is accurate; that use of the content you supply does not violate this policy and will not cause injury to any person or entity; and that you will indemnify the Inuit Art Foundation for all claims resulting from content you supply.
- Database users can be authenticated (verified as the correct person) by the Foundation by using database passwords or by contacting a potential user directly by the provided contact information.
- Database users do not have the system privileges to create or delete biographical entries. All submissions will be reviewed and approved by Inuit Art Foundation administrators.
- If you use the IAD, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of login information and for restricting access to your computer, and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account or password.
- The Foundation reserves the right, but is not obliged, to refuse service, terminate accounts, or remove or edit content in its sole discretion.
- Visitors to the IAD may submit suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information about your biographical entry, so long as the content is not illegal, obscene, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, infringing of intellectual property rights, or otherwise injurious to third parties or objectionable and does not consist of or contain software viruses, political campaigning, commercial solicitation, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam."
- You may not use a false e-mail address, impersonate any person or entity, or otherwise mislead as to the origin of your content. The Foundation reserves the right (but is not obligated) to remove or edit such content, but does not regularly review posted content.
Editing and Suggesting an Edit Policies
While we encourage you to contribute and take part in creating the IAD, you should read the following policies and follow them:
- Do not add content that obviously fits other sections of IAD: We do not want to replicate information that can easily fit in one of our existing entries. Hard data such as histories, publications, performances, exhibitions, etc. are going to be edited and managed via the regular submission process.
- Before editing or requesting an edit to another person’s biography - stop, think and assume the other side point of view: Understand that the other contributor thinks that he was right in editing. Therefore, if you find a mistake correct it but not if you simply disagree.
- Respect other contributors and interact in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere: As IAD’s contributors come from many different backgrounds, and have widely different views, treating others with respect is key to collaborating effectively. Be civil and avoid making personal attacks or sweeping generalizations.
- Do not vandalize: Vandalism is any addition, deletion, or change of content made in a deliberate attempt to compromise the integrity of IAD.
While you should expect that other contributors may suggest an edit, the Foundation will enforce a zero tolerance policy on users who violate the user policies. Violators will lose all rights associated with an authenticated account. Users who lose their authentication rights due to violations of the user policies will not be able to regain them.
Ownership of IAD
For your convenience, the IAD may include links or references to other Internet sites or resources and businesses operated by other persons (collectively “Linked Sites”). Linked Sites are independent from the Foundation, and Foundation does not endorse, and has no responsibility or liability for or control over, Linked Sites or their business, goods, services or content. Your use of Linked Sites and your dealings with the owners or operators of Linked Sites are at your own risk, and you will not make any claim against Foundation arising from, connected with, or relating to your use of Linked Sites or your dealings with the owners or operators of Linked Sites.
You will not: (a) circumvent the ordinary navigational structure or presentation of the IAD or its content; (b) access or obtain the IAD content or other data by any means that is not purposely made available to you by the IAD; (c) gain unauthorized access to any part of the IAD or its content, or any related system, network, service or data, by hacking, password mining or any other means; or (d) test or tamper with the security of the IAD or interfere with the proper working of the IAD, any transaction being conducted through the IAD, or any other person’s use of the IAD. Framing, mirroring, scraping or data-mining the IAD or any of its content in any form and by any means (including robots, spiders, or other automatic devices, programs or methodologies or any similar or equivalent manual process) is strictly prohibited. You may not use any collaborative browsing or display technologies in connection with your use of the IAD or to post comments, communications or any other data of any kind to or on the IAD with the intention that the posting may be viewed by other users of the IAD. Deep links to a website without the express written permission of the Foundation are strictly prohibited. The Foundation in its discretion may cancel and revoke any permission it may give to link to the IAD at any time and without any notice or liability.
Complaints/Copyright Infringement Notices
The Foundation will respond as it considers appropriate, in its discretion, to all notices and complaints regarding alleged violations of these terms and conditions and user policies or other alleged misconduct, including removing any and all offending submissions and postings from the IAD without any notice or liability to your or any other person. Foundation is not required to assess or otherwise determine the validity or legitimacy of any complaints or demands they may receive regarding any materials submitted or posted to the IAD or otherwise used in connection with the IAD before Foundation takes remedial action regarding the materials.
If you have a complaint regarding the IAD or content posted on the IAD, please send an email with details of your complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOUNDATION DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY FOR YOUR USE OF THE IAD. YOUR USE OF THE IAD IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE IAD IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” AND “WITH ALL FAULTS”, AND WITHOUT ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTEES OF ANY NATURE OR KIND WHATSOEVER, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, OR ARISING FROM CUSTOM OR TRADE USAGE OR BY ANY COURSE OF DEALING OR COURSE OF PERFORMANCE, INCLUDING ANY REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTEES OF OR RELATING TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: ACCURACY, ACCESSIBILITY, AVAILABILITY, COMPLETENESS, DURABILITY, ERRORS, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, MERCHANTABILITY, NON-INFRINGEMENT, LACK OF VIRUSES OR OTHER DISABLING OR HARMFUL CODE, PERFORMANCE, QUALITY, RESULTS, SUITABILITY, SECURITY, TIMELINESS, TITLE, TRUTHFULNESS, QUIET ENJOYMENT, UNINTERRUPTED SERVICE, OR WORKMANLIKE EFFORT; ALL OF WHICH ARE HEREBY WAIVED BY YOU AND DISCLAIMED BY FOUNDATION TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
IN THIS SECTION, “FOUNDATION GROUP” MEANS FOUNDATION AND EACH OF ITS LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS, AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, DISTRIBUTORS, AND REPRESENTATIVES, JOINTLY AND SEVERALLY.
Changes to IAD / Termination of Use
Governing Law and Disputes